Tuesday 22 June 2010

Wedding Cupcakes & Cake







Tickled Pink!! This was one of the most complex and wedding jobs I have done to date as involved many handmade cupcake decorations and 3 shades of pink of each and of the frosting. I think they all look really good together as the colours blended and flowed. I had asked for a round table as I though this would have helped the cascading look but when I got there is was a rectangle table so I just had to get on with it...humph. The table literally could not have taken another cupcake as it just so happened every 230 of them fit perfectly on this space - praise be...
The cake was a complicated little number as for the size it was very heavy for a 7.5 inch round. To get the dome involved a third level of cake that was topped with medium sized sugar roses which weighed a lot - it was seriously a heavyweight cake. Complimented the cupcake display as there where about 40+ of the same roses on various shades of pink cupcakes so good to tie it all in in subtle ways.
The bride was overjoyed as it exceeded her expectations...hooray!
If you would like this style of cake or adaption of please just drop me a line at annemarie@theurbanbakery.co.uk or call 01926 425750

5 comments:

  1. I just can't believe that ONE person created all of this! You are so clever, Annie! How many hours' worth of work did all of this take? B. x o

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks B! It took about 3-4 days in total as a lot of prep work. You have to leave the cupcakes as close to time to make sure they are at optimum freshness so intense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzers. Loving the new-look blog! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is unbelieveable! Just beautiful. No surprise the bride was overly please, who wouldn't be?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Cristie - I love to see it all complete as it still surprise me how flour, butter and sugar can end up like this!!

    ReplyDelete