Tuesday 13 July 2010

Too Hot to Handle



I have been so busy baking I have not had a chance to do any blogging - shameful I know. I can tell you know that today's rainfall would have been a blessing at the end of last week when I was in a kitchen that was reminiscent of the fires of mordor as my hand piped chocolate hearts (a couple of hundred of em') where finding it hard to settle in said ambient temperature. it was a solid 20+ hours on my feet baking several hundred cupcakes for weddings, private parties and a couple of boxes that where picked up to be taken to Amsterdam to watch the World Cup Final (hopefully not a bad omen...). After cleaning down - which takes a good few hours (sheer bliss when you are dead on your feet and all you want is a cold beer and an episode of 'The Inbetweeners' to start the healing process). It is all about being highly organised I can tell ya. You need a list (long one) and the ability to multi-task like never before as you cannot drop one of your balls (ouch). I get so much brilliant feedback from my customers and this makes it all worth while. I especially love the feedback from brides & grooms as this is such an important part of their big day.
I had this feedback from a bride who got married on Saturday 10 July who was overjoyed:
"The Urban Bakery ROCKS!!!! My wedding cupcakes were awesome yesterday and went down a storm. Thanks so much Anne Marie, you're a truly talented lady. love Rose & Tim xxxxx"

Gush away my lovely customers as at 3am in the morning this feedback keep me going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment