Friday 16 July 2010

Mercia FM Cupcakes...they where literally giving them away!



was asked by Mercia FM to do 200 cupcakes for a promotion they where doing in the lower precinct in Coventry city centre a couple of Weeks ago. I matched the hot pink cases and buttercream frosting to their logo and when they were all together on the 7 tiers they looked pretty impressive. People where mesmerized by the sudden surge of sugary wafts and mad there way over like they had no other choice!! The cupcakes where part of the promotion that was to last 4 hours, which equates to 50 cupcakes an hour to be given away - I was there for the first 10 minutes after set-up and I doubt very much they lasted (well actually I know this for a fact from the promo people but I like a bit of over egged drama!!).
Basically they where pink, they where tasty, they smelt awesome and they where being given away free so whats not to love people. I love getting involved with jobs like this as it makes me feel included in the marketing mix and takes me back to days of old - the nostalgia stops after about 5 minutes so all good as I want to stay firmly where I am now let me tell you - no politics in my domain!!
I had some cracking feedback from the marketing manager at Mercia who was great to work with. I understand the pressures that marketing peeps have as I have been there and done it so I can just take the brief and do it which is part of my offering as I like to take control!! (OCD - moi?). Here is the feedback ‘We worked with the Urban Bakery on a listener promotion and had long queues of people in the city centre all after the delicious cup cakes, the presentation was amazing and we will certainly be using them again’ – Dominic Parker, Marketing Manager Mercia FM
Right, gotta go and bake a squillion cupcake - hasta la vista

2 comments:

  1. They look so delicious- no wonder people couldn't resist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They where pink, edible and smelt good so what woman could resist!!

    ReplyDelete