Wednesday 5 May 2010

Owl Timer!!!



It was my friend Kerys 30th Birthday at the weekend and her lovely boy Mark asked me to do a cake for her. I love doing cakes especially when it involves coming up with an idea that you know will hit the mark. So; as Kerys loves owls I decided to do a cake that would incorporate her love of this top bird in some non-girly colours as pink is a tad cliche!
The result was a very happy birthday girl and very happy party guests as we call got to get stuck in. It was a spiced banana sponge with vanilla buttercream frosting so after several tall drinks this was the sugar hit we all needed to re-energise for the bad dancing (after 30 it is officially impossible not to dance like you mum and dad...fact).

2 comments:

  1. So amazingly fantastic. I bet you get more requests for BIG cakes now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers B! I am getting lots of requests. I love doing big cakes too! xx

    ReplyDelete