Tuesday 9 March 2010

Chanel Handbag Cake




I know, I know, I go from radio silence to assaulting you with all manner of updates, but if I don't get into a rhythm with my blog I will fall short of it's required upkeep.
I just wanted to share the cake (not in the literal sense as it has all been consumed) I made with you all as it is pretty su-weet. A friend of mine was turning 30 on Saturday and because she wanted a Chanel handbag as a gift she also thought it would be pretty super to have a Chanel handbag cake - and she asked me to make it. I loved making it as it was brilliant to combine a love of food and fashion in one. I made it to the actual dimensions (bar a mil here or there!) and copied an actual handbag photo to try and emulate as authentically as possible.
Well here is the result and I am pretty pleased. Birthday girl was delighted (as per pictures!!) and I have already had enquiries about doing other handbag styles so that is great. Chic, classic, fashionable and edible...what's not to love! for more images have a look on the urban bakery website or facebook

2 comments:

  1. That's fab! Love that you even got the dimensions as near spot on too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I researched the size as wanted it to look as authentic as a cake handbag could!

    ReplyDelete